IHG Rewards Club
The IHG Rewards Club is one of the world’s most extensive and most popular loyalty programs. More than 4,600 InterContinental Hotels Group hotels are covered by the card. The card is free and can be obtained, for instance, by joining the Club at any of Finland’s Holiday Inn hotels or at the Crowne Plaza Helsinki. Alternatively, the Club can be joined online at www.ihg.com/rewardsclub
When joining, the customer selects the target for point collection; either IHG Rewards Club points or miles with the airline of choice. Finnair is one of more than 30 airlines covered by the card. Accumulated points and miles can be redeemed for hotel nights, flights, hotel services, etc. For more information, see www.ihg.com/rewardsclub.
IHG Rewards Club is a simple and easy loyalty program with the following features:
- More than 4,600 locations to earn and redeem points
- A personal Online Account
- Extended Check-out (subject to availability)
- Points can also be purchased and transferred to another person
- Really quick progress to the top level (Platinum)
- A newspaper on weekdays
- Guaranteed room availability and hotel-specific room upgrade for Platinum members
- No blackout dates on Reward Nights
- The Rewards list is on the internet
- Points and a higher level of membership can also be purchased
- Points can be transferred between accounts
- Extensive Reward opportunities
- Any Hotel, Anywhere card. A pre-chargeable payment card for Reward Nights
- Starting July 2013, Gold and Platinum level Members enjoy free internet access when staying at or visiting any of IHG’s more than 4,600 hotels
- All Members of the IHG Rewards Club will enjoy free internet access from the beginning of 2014
- A faster track to the Elite level – when staying in at least three different IHG brands, the GOLD level is reached after only 10 nights, rather than 15 nights
- Reward Nights also count towards Elite membership status
- Starting in July, a Platinum level Member’s nights in excess of 50 nights are credited to the coming year’s balance
Please note that to get Finnair Plus points from the InterContinental Hotels Group hotels (InterContinental Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn Hotels and Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites), you must first join the IHG Rewards Club on the internet (when you’ve joined, in the Earnings Preference section select Finnair and feed in your Finnair Plus card number) or at any IHG Rewards Club hotel. When staying at the Group’s hotels, show your IHG Rewards Club card, not your Finnair Plus card. Read more here.
Three IHG Rewards Club levels
- Club Less than 14 hotel nights per calendar year
- Gold From 15 to 49 hotel nights or 20,000 earned points per calendar year
- Platinum Over 50 hotel nights or 60,000 earned points per calendar year
IHG Rewards Club Reward Nights and points required
The number of IHG Rewards Club points required are classified per category. The points required vary by hotel. You can find the points required for Reward Night accommodation at the hotel of your choice by checking the availability on your desired date here.
|Point categories||Points for a Reward Night|
Exclusive Reward Night Offers
Aside from the normal Reward Nights, there are interesting special offers; Read more here
- Point Breaks, only 5,000 points per night
– 50% reduction in point limit
– Points + cash
Any Hotel, Anywhere Card
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) launched the unique Any Hotel, Anywhere Card at the beginning of September 2007. Now, the first in the hotel industry, Members of the IHG Rewards Club can freely select the hotel of their choice from among more than 500,000 hotels – even from among competitor hotels.
Any Hotel, Anywhere Card can be redeemed with IHG Rewards Club points, and it can be used to pay for nights all over the world in hotels that accept the American Express credit card as payment. The Any Hotel, Anywhere Card isn’t a credit card, it’s a prepaid stored value card pre-loaded with the sum, in euros, that corresponds to the bonus points. The cards can be used for payment at hotels that accept the American Express credit card as payment.
Read more about this here and redeem an award on points.
|100 USD||35000 points|
|125 USD||44000 points|
|150 USD||52000 points|
|200 USD||70000 points|
|250 USD||85000 points|
Hotels Anywhere, from 10,000 points!
Reserve your Reward Night here
IHG Rewards Club Online
Through your own personal Online Account you can easily manage your travel-related affairs. Aside from your contact details, you can add information to your profile that speeds up and facilitates making reservations via the IHG website:
- the preferred room type
- the most common room rate, including the company’s own global corporate rate
- the preferred destination cities
- the preferred hotels
Through your profile page you can also see your point situation, browse special offers, order Rewards, make reservations, specify the persons you make reservations for, and much more ...
Problems or questions concerning the IHG Rewards Club membership? Click here to select your preferred way to contact the international customer service.